KX Driver 6
The new KX DRIVER 6 features a modern and intuitive graphical user interface, as well as new added functionalities.
The driver is compatible with 32 or 64 bit versions of Windows Desktop OS XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and Server OS 2003, 2008. In addition the driver supports Windows 64 bit Server OS 2008R2, 2012 and 2012R2 and is both Windows and Citrix Certified, ensuring a smooth installation on the server and connection with the user’s PC.
New Features At A Glance
- NEW Intuitive User Interface – Revamp of the user interface increases the efficiency by reducing clicks
- New Font Handling – Speeds up the printing process and fonts in PDF files can be vectorized which allows further editing
- New Booklet Settings – Enhanced feature set allows a more flexible booklet creation
- Job Email Notification – Enables the device to send an e-mail to a specified user after a print job has completed
- Model Support – Supports latest Kyocera models as well as previous models
- Operating System Compatibility – Windows 8, Server 2012 and lower
- Windows and Citrix Certified
NEW USER INTERFACE
The graphical user interface has been completely redesigned to allow users to quickly and easily select and customize driver options for KYOCERA printing devices.
The new layout also allows greater efficiency, as it takes fewer clicks for the user to find the printing options he or she needs. All of the driver options are now seamlessly integrated into one window and all settings are grouped to help users easily find them on the tab.
For a convenient use in multinational customer environments the KX Driver User Interface is able to support 28 languages.
PROFILE FEATURE ENHANCEMENTS
Application Based Printing is now supported on client PCs in a client-server environment.
Users can also now conveniently select from a list of predefined settings e.g. printed forms in Outlook will always be printed in monochrome and duplex or print jobs from ppt come always in colour and highest quality.
Administrator can make predefined settings by user or department such as duplex or ecomode as standard.
*Note: Application-based printing is not supported on 64 bit Windows due to an OS limitation.
For every company it is important to ensure that their company colours are printed correctly. The new Color Optimizer allows users to adjust specific individual colors. Instead of adjusting all the colors of an entire image, it adjusts the pixels near the color value or color space that users define. Not only users can add up to 10 colors in each Adjustment Setting, but they can also:
- Add an adjustment value within the range of colors for the selected RGB color space
- Select 2 from 3 parameters (Hue, Light, Saturation) to adjust the color
- The “Color reproduction” setting is linked to the driver’s Imaging tab
- Kyocera_KX_6.x_User_Guide (PDF) (645.8 kB)
KX STEP BY STEP VIDEOS
The videos will provide a step by step guidance to benefit from the following KX driver features:
- KX6 E-Mail Print
- KX6 Overview Print
- KX6 Poster Print
The video can be viewed on your computer or mobile device by using the links below:
- KX6 E-Mail Print (3,498.2 kB)
- KX6 Overview Print (5,017.1 kB)
- KX6 Poster Print (6,817.9 kB)